At SHER Ingénieurs-Conseils, we are constantly looking for new talents to strengthen our teams and boost our growth. We offer opportunities for engineers, juniors, experts, consultants and trainees. We offer an environment conducive to professional development in our offices in Belgium, Rwanda and in various projects around the world.
Your professional adventure starts here!
Profiles in demand
Eager to get involved in an office specialised in the water and environmental sector, to put your skills to work for sustainable development and come up with innovative solutions to help mitigate the effects of climate change? Then this job is for you!
SHER Ingénieurs-Conseils, an engineering office, active in Belgium and abroad in the fields of water, the environment, renewable energies and infrastructures, is looking for a construction project engineer.
Together with the entire team, you will manage various hydraulic engineering projects (culverts, river intakes, bridges, etc.), reinforced concrete constructions (reservoirs, pumping stations) and earthworks (small earth dams, slope stability, etc.). The projects you will be working on will vary and cover the following areas: protection against flooding, drinking water supply, small-scale hydroelectricity, irrigation, etc.
You will be responsible for the inspection and structural design of civil engineering works. Your role will include the following tasks:
- To carry out studies and calculations for concrete/steel structures and earthworks
- To check the stability parameters of engineering and linear structures
- To design formwork and reinforcement plans
- To draft calculation notes and execution plans
- To draft technical documentation
To check that the work is being carried out (site supervision)
- You have an industrial or civil engineering degree with a focus on construction
- You have at least 3 years' experience in carrying out design calculations, reinforcement/formwork plans, geotechnical studies and site supervision
- You are familiar with the Walloon Region's MAO software and you can draw up specifications to the Qualiroute standard
- You have a good command of the Office suite, a calculation and a CAD-CAM software
- You are familiar with the Belgian public procurement system
- You are solution-oriented, autonomous and rigorous
- You know how to work in a team and communicate both within the team and with customers
- You are interested in working abroad
- You have a valid driving licence B
What we have to offer
- To be part of a young and dynamic team
- To work in a pleasant environment in Vedrin (Namur), Belgium, with potential short trips abroad (mainly to Africa)
- An attractive salary package
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 22nd of March 2024 at the latest. We look forward to meeting you!
For future limited assignments in Africa, SHER is looking for the following profiles, with at least 5 years' experience:
- Institutional water experts
- Experts in wastewater treatment
- Experts in water treatment
- Experts in hydraulics and modelling
- SCADA and remote management experts
- Experts in supporting and structuring water user associations
- Electromechanical engineers
- Agro-economists and socio-economists
- Experts in market analysis and value chain development
- Soil scientists
- Gender specialists
For medium/long-term contracts in works supervision and hydroelectricity, dams, irrigation and drinking water supply infrastructure in Africa, SHER is looking for various profiles with 5 years' experience:
- Hydraulic engineers for drinking water supply project supervision assignments
- Civil engineers for works supervision assignments
If you are interested, please send your CV (WORD) in French and English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your profile could be a great addition to our team? Tell us about your experience and motivation!
At SHER Ingénieurs-Conseils, we offer rewarding opportunities for interns to develop their expertise. We offer rewarding internships in our offices in Belgium, Rwanda and on various projects worldwide.